Sunday, February 08, 2015

On the Tracks Again

The railroad tracks going through Shippensburg follow two routes that merge (or split, depending on which way you're heading) at the Queen St./Baltimore Rd. overpass. I'm pretty sure the tracks that run about two blocks behind my house aren't used any more; I've never seen a train on them. It's these tracks that I follow out into the country to the Mennonite bulk foods store on Rowe Rd., and it's these that I followed in the opposite direction today to head for my regular grocery store. As you can see from the photos, we still have some snow hanging around. And alas, no train passed this time.

The tracks just a couple of blocks behind my house
The trestle over Earl St.
The railroad crossing at Penn St.
Approaching the Queen St./Baltimore Rd. overpass
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment: