Monday, January 26, 2015

Some More Snow

We had 3 or 4 inches of some very wet snow on Saturday morning that melted down to patches pretty quickly. Then last night we had a slow-moving Alberta Clipper move in, along with temperatures that dropped quickly into the low 20s (around -5ยบ C) and gave us some fine, powdery snow overnight and this morning. I can't tell exactly how much we got because a stiff breeze has been blowing it around; my best guess is around 2 or 3 inches. I'm off today and tomorrow (and back to walking normally), but I was running a tad late with my errands today, so I got just a few shots on the way to the grocery store. I'll go farther afield tomorrow. Meanwhile, here are some snowy Shippensburg shots from today.

Branch Creek at King St.
The in-town farm on Hockersmith Ave.
A snowy side yard along Queen St.
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

2 comments:

  1. You're going to get hit too. The new word is "bombogenesis". Isn't that a scream? Hope we don't lose power. Here's a link to the word origin (or something some meteorologist dreamed up): http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/30-seconds-to-know/watch-out-polar-vortex-bombogenesis-here-n293791

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bombogenesis. haha.

    You've have plenty of snow to photograph in the next few days! Do you have snow shoes? lol...

    I love the middle shot...looks almost sepia.

    ReplyDelete