Friday, November 21, 2014

Here, There, and Everywhere

Another single day off, so I took photos while running errands today. Our autumnal color has pretty much faded away, so I decided to acknowledge that by shooting in black & white. As the title of this post implies, they were taken in different spots around town.

Dykeman House overlooking the south duck pond and fish hatchery
The rail crossing at Penn St.
My landlord's frozen backyard fountain
A potted garden fades with the season

Speaking of the title of this post, you know I had to go looking for the Beatles song of the same name. Here 'tis. Enjoy!


© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

4 comments:

  1. I like the Dykeman house. I think it's really cool to have a room or lookout at the top like that. Not sure why; I'm sure it's not practical.

    That picture of the big chunk of ice almost looks like hands sticking out of it and wrapped around a pole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of those little cherub garden statues on a pedestal in front of a pole holding wind chimes. Telephoto shots tend to do weird things to perspective!

      Delete
  2. Even the Revolver album cover is in black and white! Beautiful. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I wondered if anyone was going to see that.

      Delete