Tuesday, November 04, 2014

An Election Day Stroll

After voting this morning I decided to take a stroll through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park to monitor the state of the Fall foliage. It was a gorgeous day, with a slight overcast and temps in the low 60s. Along with the autumnal colors, I saw and heard a good few birds, all of whom managed to avoid my camera - some newly-arrived Dark-eyed Juncos (who people around here call "snow birds"), several White-throated Sparrows singing to each other, a couple of Carolina Wrens fussing at me, a female Downy Woodpecker, and a male Red-bellied Woodpecker. It was a nice walk and I bring you these shots to prove it.

Along the Dykeman Walking Trail
Dykeman Spring wetland
Along the north duck pond
The south duck pond and the Hatch House
The north duck pond again
Branch Creek by the ball fields along the Dykeman Walking Trail
© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

3 comments: