Monday, May 19, 2014

What a Day!

What a drop-dead, knock-yer-eyes-out gorgeous day! Bright blue skies with fluffy white clouds, a nice breeze out of the northwest, dry air with night temps around 40º F (4.4º C) and daytime high around 70º F (21º C), with a similar forecast for tomorrow. And I have both days off! Today was errands day of the two, so I did my usual wander through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on the way to the grocery store. In the wetlands section I had two Hummingbirds zip past me and heard lots of birdsong. The upland meadow was full of Chimney Swifts and Barn Swallows swooping around, all way too fast for me to get a shot. I also saw a pair of Brown Thrashers in the brush beside the Meadow Trail, but they were very camera shy and never came out from behind the foliage for a good shot. That's okay; I still got some good shots that emphasize just how gorgeous the day has been. Enjoy!

A male Red-winged Blackbird scolding me from a tree in the Dykeman Spring wetlands
Daisy Fleabane growing in the Dykeman Spring wetlands
The entrance to a side path off the Dykeman Walking Trail
A view from the upland meadow towards Blue Mountain
The view of the meadow from the eastern end. The meadow grass is now knee high, and even taller in some spots
© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger

3 comments:

  1. Yep, you're going to get another one tomorrow because we had the same here in Ohio! Just about perfect, I'd say!
    You got some great photos of it, too! Enjoy your two days off work! yippee!

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
    DUI Risk Reduction Program in McDonough Ga
    DUI Risk Reduction Program in Henry County
    DUI Risk Reduction Program in Henry County Ga

    ReplyDelete