Thursday, August 09, 2012

To Mongul and Back

Ever since a friend at work told me he lived in a little place called Mongul, a few miles up Roxbury Road from Shippensburg, I just had to go see it. I took the scenic route to make it a loop, up Orrstown Rd. to Mongul Hill Rd., which goes up to Roxbury Rd. and the little town (or maybe village?) of Mongul itself, and then back down Roxbury Rd. to home. On the way there was plenty to see, from goats and geese to barns, creeks, and spectacular views of mountains, especially the view from the top of Mongul Hill (the hike up Mongul Hill Rd. is enough to make any cardiologist happy!). I've included a few of the best shots here, but to see the whole hike in sequence, and maybe even watch it as a slideshow, click here to visit my Picasa album of the hike.






© 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a 9.2 mile hike, according to http://gmap-pedometer.com! How long did it take you? How I miss the Cumberland Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet again I get such a wonderful feel of a place from your photographs Roy. Every one of the ones above seem to evoke sounds : I could hear the goats, the river, the wind teasing the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Restful & Beautiful.I Envy Your World Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the goats, especially! Are you enjoying this cooler weather? heaven! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely wander, thanks for taking us along - as with betsy i really love the goats!

    ReplyDelete