Monday, May 06, 2019

Blame It on the Rain

What struck me most in my walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park this morning is how very lush and green everything is. Of course, it probably helps that lately it's been raining 4 or 5 days out of the week, every week this Spring. Plus our very wet Winter, and the fact that last year was also one of the wettest on record. And on the days when the sun does come out it gets pretty warm. So growing conditions are at the optimum, and green has become the dominant color here of late.

Aside from the abundant foliage and flowers, there were lots of birds out and about, all singing up a storm. But they were avoiding my camera, and I was on my way through on errands so I didn't stop and wait for them to come out of hiding. So I think I'll go back tomorrow and just sit still. There are a bunch of Orioles in the park, and I'm bound and determined to get some shots of them. Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the abundance of Spring in the park that I managed to get today.

Dame's Rocket along the Dykeman Walking Trail
Swamp Buttercups in the wetland woods
Lush reflections on the north duck pond
Bench and reflection by the north duck pond
Mama Gaia's Lace - looking up through the Kentucky Coffee Tree
Looking north from the top of the meadow
A view of the rolling hills of the meadow
© 2019 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment