Saturday, August 19, 2017

Saturday Morning

I have today off and I needed to do some grocery shopping, so as is usual when I go grocery shopping I wandered through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on the way. The Summer has stayed humid and warm with at least two if not three rain events per week, so everything is very green and lush. I got some pictures for you, but some things I just couldn't catch: a female Ruby-throated Hummingbird buzzing around the trees in the wetland area (probably looking for Jewelweed to sip from); and two Turkeys in the high grass up on the meadow, too far away and obscured by the grass to get a good shot. But here's what I did manage to capture.

A particularly lush section of the nature trail
The creek in the park seen from the red bridge
This Green Heron flew across the pond into a Hemlock to keep an eye on me from a safe distance
Up on the meadow looking at the mountains to the north
© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment