Friday, December 11, 2009

Gooseneck Cove in Four Seasons

Not long ago Baino dropped a hint that she'd like to see a post on Gooseneck Cove through the seasons. Good idea, thinks I! Except I couldn't do it justice in my usual photo essay format. Of course, I do have a calendar for sale on Lulu.com dealing with that very subject (a reproduction of the cover is above), and I even have a photo album made up of the pictures used in the calendar. Still, only 12 pictures just doesn't do the seasonal changes on Gooseneck Cove proper justice. So I've put together this slideshow to really look at the effect the turning of the Wheel of the Year has on my favorite place in the world - Gooseneck Cove. The musical accompaniment is "At First Sight" by Paul McCandless from his 1992 CD Premonition. The tune is about love at first sight, and that was exactly my reaction to the Cove the first time I saw it. Enjoy!


© 2009 by A. Roy Hilbinger

6 comments:

  1. There are some fabulous photos in this series, and the background music just adds to the pleasure of seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Roy. I can see why you fell inlove with it, most beautiful in any season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an enchanted place. I can see why you're drawn to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....this nature preserve is so beautiful. In your sideshow, I loved the transition into fall....and then winter. No wonder you love it so much... I'll have to check out your calendar! That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete