Sunday, March 01, 2020

Revisiting Burnt Mill Road

Today is the meteorological first day of Spring, and the second day of my vacation. I decided to revisit Burnt Mill Rd. because the trestle bridge over Conodoguinet Creek and the Burnt Mill Veterinary Center fascinate me, and there are lots of cows along the way (and I need cows!). On this hike I discovered a lot of things: the heronry off Earl St./Newburg Rd. is hopping with the start of Spring; a Turkey wandering around on Fish Hatchery Rd.; the cows I thought I remembered on Burnt Mill Rd. are long-horned, but not long-haired (I guess I got two herds confused); and the Eastern Bluebirds are back. Here are some scenes from today's hike.

The heronry is hopping!
A big ol' Tom Turkey on Fish Hatchery Rd.
Cows on Burnt Mill Rd.
My favorite springhouse, on Burnt Mill Rd.
The wood-deck trestle bridge over Conodoguinet Creek on Burnt Mill Rd.
Llamas! At the Burnt Mill Veterinary Center
More cows, this time on McClay's Mill Rd.
An Eastern Bluebird on Fish Hatchery Rd.
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

7 comments:

  1. This morning when I was putting out feed for the songbirds I noticed a wee bit of action and noise coming from the reservoir across the street. Three herons squacking as old Mr. Osprey who arrived several days ago and had claimed one of the heron nests dive bombed the.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I saw all those Herons up in the nests.

      Delete
  2. If you're looking to lose pounds then you absolutely need to try this brand new personalized keto plan.

    To create this keto diet service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and professional cooks united to develop keto meal plans that are productive, convenient, money-efficient, and satisfying.

    Since their grand opening in early 2019, 1000's of individuals have already remodeled their figure and well-being with the benefits a proper keto plan can offer.

    Speaking of benefits; in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones provided by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need a Debt Loan To Pay Off Bills?
    Take control of your debt today
    Available Now Business Expansion Loan Offer?
    Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 3%
    Loan with no credit check,
    Email us: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
    Call or add us on what's app +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  4. check out the post right here Ysl replica handbags his explanation https://www.dolabuy.su visit the website aaa replica bags

    ReplyDelete