Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Brookside Ave. Wetland

I popped over to the Brookside Ave. wetland, the secondary source for Burd Run, this morning. I haven't been over there since last Summer, when it looked to be recovering the "wet" in wetland after several years of drying out. Well, now after another wet Winter and Spring, it's really, really full. The collection pond is actually filled right to the brim at the surrounding berm, and all the maze of streamlets are also full and deep. And full of birds! There were a ton of Canada Geese, honking at me in protest the whole time I was there. Ditto the Red-winged Blackbirds, who were also making offended noises at me. And the Tree Swallows are back and nesting. I'm looking forward to a good Summer there this year, with lots of Nature to capture. Here's what I got today.

A view of the very full collection pond
One of the Red-winged Blackbirds who was actively protesting my presence
The Tree Swallows are back and nesting
Burd Run is up and running full, fast, and deep
Daisy Fleabane in the field next to the creek
Another view of the very full collection pond
My first Cabbage White butterfly of the season
© 2019 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

3 comments:

  1. Great shots. I thought the first one set a somewhat dismal mood for me, which I actually liked.

    That, and you misspelled "bird" as "Burd" again... [*ducks*]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now see, for me that first shot is a totally joyous one, because two years ago there was no water, just cracked, dry mud. Now the place is alive and thriving again.

      Delete