Monday, February 18, 2019

Today's Walk

My work schedule has changed, and I no longer have Sundays free. Now my "weekend" is Monday and Tuesday, and this morning I did my weekly walk in the Dykeman Spring park. It's late Winter, and while there's still some snow, it's messy. In the wetland it's mostly gone, as the two shots I took there show. But there's still a good two inches in the woods on the way to the meadow, and it lends some character to the usual scenery there. 

It also reveals things that would have been a bit more hidden if there had been no snow; along the Upland Trail I noticed a trail of mud and critter tracks, which ended in a hole in the ground surrounded by clumps of fresh-dug mud. It seems there's at least one Groundhog up and taking care of business!

Meanwhile, up on the meadow the snow has pretty much melted, just leaving enough to create patterns on the ground accenting the rolling quality of the hills. It was a great walk. Take a look!

The Purple Martin house and Paper Birches in the wetland
The creek from the red bridge
The log stairs on the Upland Trail have a totally different look in the snow
Br'er Groundhog's new digs
Rolling hills
© 2019 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

7 comments:

  1. Nice contrast here between the snowy and "non-snowy" shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. computer repair near me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for info on this topic for a while. I'm happy this one is so great. Keep up the excellent work computer repair near me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! computer repair near me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information rdp server

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck Education In Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is good enough to make somebody understand this amazing thing, and I’m sure everyone will appreciate this interesting things. world news today

    ReplyDelete