Sunday, December 03, 2017

Weekend Wanderings

I had the whole weekend off, so I combined running errands with wanders in the countryside. On Saturday I needed to hit the store for new socks, so I went via the Rail Trail and a back country road (Smithdale Rd., for anybody from the area reading this). And today I did my usual Sunday walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on the way to the grocery store. The weather has been gorgeous and perfect for hiking both days. I'm definitely feeling refreshed!

Walking on the Rail Trail
A farm along Smithdale Rd.
I stopped on the way home on the King St. bridge to take this photo of Branch Creek
The creek in Dykeman Park from the new bridge, taken this morning
A view of the north duck pond
Looking up through the interlaced branches of the Kentucky Coffee Tree by the pond
© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed your walk this morning. Here in NB Canada we have a light dusting of snow. I also like your self description. An old hippie, etc. I could use your words to describe myself, except I would change musician to tree planter.

    ReplyDelete