Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Sunday Morning Walk in the Park

My weekly Sunday morning walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park was pleasant as usual. It was overcast and cool, with temperatures in the mid 50s (around 12ยบ C); the light was just right for capturing the colors of late Spring/early Summer. Everything is very lush now, and the animals are pretty lively, too. I got surprised by a Mink suddenly dashing onto the nature trail, who when it saw me immediately dashed right back into the underbrush (no, no photo). Orioles sang to me, and Grackles and Red-winged Blackbirds scolded me for being too near their nests, but nobody came out into clear view. A flock of Bank Swallows was whipping over the north duck pond too fast for me to capture one, but I did manage to get the splash trail of one across the pond. All in all it was a pleasant morning spent in the company of Mama Gaia!

Multiflora Roses along the Dykeman Walking Trail
Reflections on the north duck pond
Splash trail left by a Bank Swallow as it skimmed the surface of the pond
The forest floor along the Upland Trail
© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you share your walks with us Roy, they are always such a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Love those white blossoms....

    ReplyDelete