Monday, September 05, 2016

A Long Sunday Constitutional

Yesterday was day two of my vacation, and it was another gorgeous day, with low humidity and cooler temperatures. I ended up taking about an 8 mile hike, first over to the Dykeman Spring Nature Park, and then out across I-81 to the farm country skirting the feet of South Mountain. It was a great hike, but I was tuckered out when I got home and didn't get to putting all this together until today. Enjoy!

Gaura growing in the Dykeman Spring wetland
Spotted Jewelweed in the wetland
A view of hay bales and South Mountain along Peiper Rd.
Another view of South Mountain from Peiper Rd.
Horses and barns at Peiper Rd. and Means Hollow Rd.
A view from White Church Rd.
An old farm on Woods Rd.
And back to Dykeman to sit on a bench by the north duck pond to watch a Mallard drake snooze and float
© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment