Saturday, August 15, 2015

August Weather Arrives

We've been spoiled lately; it's been cooler and dryer than usual for August around here. But that came to an end today; even though I woke up to pleasant, cool lower 60s this morning, by the time I was done with laundry and was heading out the door to take my meandering walk to the grocery store both the temperature and the dew point were rising rapidly. It was a hot walk through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park at 10:00 am, especially up on the meadow. Come along on the walk with me.

One of the swamp boardwalks on the Dykeman Walking Trail
I never get tired of shooting this stretch of the creek in the park
The north duck pond was a mirror today with no breeze disturbing the surface
The upland meadow from the east end. We need some rain; the grass is getting kinda crispy up there!
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment