Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Morning


God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars. 
~Author unknown, commonly attributed to Martin Luther


I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. 
~Henry David Thoreau


I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars. ~Walt Whitman


I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright


Some keep the Sabbath going to Church,
I keep it staying at Home—
With a bobolink for a Chorister,
And an Orchard, for a Dome.
~Emily Dickinson


I’ve always regarded nature as the clothing of God. ~Alan Hovhaness


Nature is my medicine. ~Sara Moss-Wolfe


The great pulsation of nature beats too in my breast, and when I carol aloud, I am answered by a thousand-fold echo. I hear a thousand nightingales. Spring hath sent them to awaken Earth from her morning slumber, and Earth trembles with ecstasy, her flowers are hymns, which she sings in inspiration to the sun... 
 ~Heinrich Heine

Photos © 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment