Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Damp Sunday Morning Stroll

As I was sipping my morning mug of chai masala while reading through the overnight entries on the blogs I follow and Facebook and doing some morning email, I heard the rain start to fall. Bummer! As this is my second day off of two, and usually dedicated to hikes with the camera, this was not good news. Well, it was a gentle rain and not steady but intermittent and I decided to hoist the umbrella and take a brief stroll through the wetlands area of the Dykeman Spring Nature Park. Here are the best shots from that stroll.

Orange Jewelweed dotted with raindrops
One of the swamp boardwalks in the wetlands
My pew in church, the bench along the north duck pond where I often sit in silence and meditation
A Monarch butterfly in a pause between showers
© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

5 comments:

  1. that first flower is so beautiful how can it possibly be called a weed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots...love the butterfly and how you can see his furry body!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I'm biased of course!) But I Love The ßench best of all! Greetings From ßlighty :)

    ReplyDelete