Saturday, February 01, 2014

While Walking Around

These are things that caught my eye while walking around on errands today. I'm really liking black & white photography lately; in great measure that's due to having lost my good camera and having to learn to deal with the limitations of the camera on my cell phone. Black & white photography turned out to be the best way to present photos taken with the phone, and I've been having so much fun with it that I'm almost tempted to not buy a new camera. Heh, heh! The operative word in that sentence is almost; there's no way I'm going to give up taking my macros, and my bird portraits, and other things that the cell phone camera just can't do. But this experiment in working within strict limitations has been very good for my photography, and the cell phone photos will keep coming even after I get my new camera in a couple of weeks. For now, here's the latest batch.

Branch Creek on the other side of King St.
One of the narrow alleys of Shippensburg
An abandoned factory complex
The stairs, rails, and windows on the side of Messiah Methodist make an interesting pattern.
© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you've got produced in writing this article. I am hoping the same finest operate from you inside the potential also. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to start my personal Blog Engine weblog now.
    DUI Risk Reduction Course in Locust Grove
    DUI Risk Reduction Course in Locust Grove Ga
    DUI Risk Reduction Program in McDonough

    ReplyDelete