Saturday, February 02, 2013

Groundhog Day

They dragged poor old Punxsutawney Phil from his hole up on Gobbler's Knob this morning, and he didn't see his shadow. Since it's cloudy because there's a snowstorm coming, the prediction of an early Spring seems a bit off! I went walking soon after that; the temperature was 12º F (-11º C) with a wind chill of 0º F (-18º C), and the pictures I took show a frozen and bleak landscape. So Phil, I think you missed it once again this year. Time to go back in your den and sleep it off until April!





© 2013 by A. Roy Hilbinger

5 comments:

  1. The third picture actually looks like a ground hog fort! I love the sepia look of winter! Crazy, I know...but I do. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you got that right, Roy! It's cold here too, but the snow is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Roy, love your close up of the ice. Cold, crisp, sexy. Yes, sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, it is the shapes and the balance that shout out to me from within your photographs. The is image is a piece of digital sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brghhhhhhh! Man It looks Cold!But crispy (I can hear your footsteps as you walk towards the scene!)Stay Warm Sir!

    ReplyDelete