Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Our First Real Snow, with Birds

Our first significant snow of the season has arrived. Naturally, I've been out in it for a bit; I went grocery shopping soon after the snow started, and went down twice on the way back home - it's a tad slippery out there! I also got some shots of the action at my feeder station; Mr. and Mrs. Red came to fuel up in the midst of the storm, as did some of the ubiquitous House Sparrows, while Dark-eyed Juncos fed on the spillage underneath. Below are three of the best shots; visit the web album to see more and get a running commentary on the action.




As I'm working on this I'm sipping on real hot chocolate - Ghirardelli dark chocolate powder in hot milk with Cayenne powder sprinkled in a la Mayan practice. Later tonight I'll be dining on nice, hot Portuguese kale soup while gazing out the window at our Winter wonderland. Life is good! Heh, heh! And you know I can't resist posting this:


Photos © 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

3 comments:

  1. Those juncos just prefer to search on the ground for seed, don't they? I love how their bellies look like they are dusted in snow, too!

    Love me some Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a great week, Roy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I took a walk tonight in the snow. It was beautiful. We didn't get tons, but enough to cover the grass. More is on the way. Hope it comes your way too! (Your dinner sounds great!)

    ReplyDelete