Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Scenes

Taking a walk through the Dykeman Springs Wetland Park after doing my laundry this morning, these particular scenes captured my eye. The twisting, almost writhing vines of the first shot struck me as Tolkien-esque, as if they were in Fangorn Forest, or maybe the Old Forest, waiting for Treebeard or Tom Bombadil to come along and free any unfortunate wayfarer who may have gotten tangled in them. The shelf fungus is here just because I like the colors. And the two bridges over the creek as it runs between the ball fields at the other end of the nature trail caught my eye because they give off an air of ancient times, even though they're probably not even 30 years old. Now that I think of it, all of these photos give off an air of antiquity to me, even the fungus. See what you think.





© 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment