Saturday, August 23, 2008

Recent Photos

Here are what I consider to be the best of the photos I've taken in the last 30 days or so. There are some black & white nature shots in here; this is something I've been playing with lately. I'm quite surprised at the beauty to be found even when you eliminate color.

A Little Blue Heron in the Gooseneck Cove salt marsh:

The schooner Aurora passing by the Rose Island Lighthouse:

Castle Hill Light taken from the Block Island Ferry:

A Purple Coneflower in the old quarry in Ballard Park:

A Canada Darner dragonfly along Hazard Rd.:

A very close-up macro of Queen Anne's Lace:

An Orb Weaver spider just outside my back door:

A large patch of Black-eyed Susans at the entrance to The Inn at Castle Hill:

A Calico Pennant dragonfly in the Gooseneck Cove salt marsh:

I took many more, and many are published on my Gather.com page, but I think these are the best of the lot.

1 comment:

  1. That first shot had me right from the beginning. How blue, he is. The clarity is wonderful.

    Love the shot of the cornflower too...I like the angle and how you cropped it.

    ReplyDelete