Thursday, January 02, 2020

New Camera

I got a new camera - a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300. I've been using Canon cameras for the last 20 years or so, so I had to learn a whole new architecture. It took a few days to familiarize myself with how it worked, and today I felt competent enough to take it out for a test run. Like the Canons I've been using, this isn't a DSLR (I still can't afford one of those) but rather what's called a "bridge" camera - a step between point-and-shoot and a DSLR; it has all the manual settings of a DSLR but only has the single lens.

In any case, I'm very pleased with this camera. The lens is way better, the focus is much clearer, the macro setting is wonderful, and it has a manual focus that's to die for. Here are the best shots of the day.

The old railroad trestle on the Dykeman Walking Trail
The view of the creek from the red bridge in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park
The red bridge
One of the benches by the north duck pond
A Hemlock cone by the above bench. This is how good that macro function is!
A view across the wetland
A Sycamore seed ball hanging over Gum Run, taken with the zoom and the manual focus
© 2020 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments: