Thursday, November 15, 2018

First Snow!

WHEEEEEE! We got our first snow of the season today! It's a tad early, but I'm not complaining. It's also more than we expected; it seems that a wedge of cold air stalled over us as the precipitation moved in and stubbornly stayed put. It's transitioned to sleet and freezing rain now, but it happened later than first expected. And despite the current sleet and rain, after midnight it'll return to snow and give us another couple of inches.

Of course, this had an impact on work for me. I was supposed to work this evening, but my boss texted about 1:30 and announced she was closing the store early and the two of us on the closing shift didn't have to come in. Heh, heh! Anybody who knows me knows that I immediately made plans to head out into the storm, camera in hand. Nothing, absolutely nothing, makes me happier than walking in the woods in snow, especially if the snow is still falling. So I headed out for Dykeman Park around 2:30 to wrap myself in Mama Gaia's white Winter cloak.

The gazebo across the street from me
Branch Creek at King St.
Entering the park on the Dykeman Walking Trail
Snow on the trail
A scene in another part of the park
The creek looking south on the red bridge
The creek looking north on the new bridge
Waiting for Spring
© 2018 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - it’s a winter wonderland here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White, white, white. Bllleahhh. I was hoping to find that trusty old red bench, for that splash of color, and I wasn't disappointed!

    ReplyDelete