Sunday, July 22, 2018

Another Sunday Walk

We had lots of rain yesterday, and there's more coming today through Thursday. We have two fronts facing off against each other, one out on the Atlantic Ocean and one coming in from the west, and they're pushing each other back and forth over us, and pulling up lots of humid air from the Gulf of Mexico in the space between them. When I went out this morning the sky was sort of clearing, but in the course of my walk through the Dykeman Nature Park it clouded over again, so my walk was taken with one eye on the sky, prepared to duck for cover if the rain decided to return. Here's what I found while I walked.

A Mallard family outing on the north duck pond
Reflections on the pond
A Black Walnut shell on the trail up to the meadow
A Monarch butterfly on Red Clover in the meadow
Queen Anne's Lace in the meadow
© 2018 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

3 comments:

  1. I have to wonder if "duck for cover" was a deliberate pun, considering your first photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon David! You oughta know better by now. Of course it was deliberate!

      Delete
    2. Well, I knew you were clever enough to have done it purposely, but sometimes things like that are happy accidents.

      Delete