Monday, April 23, 2018

More Spring Photos in Dykeman Park

I went back to the Dykeman Spring Nature Park today to try to capture shots of some of the birds I missed yesterday. I ended up getting two, plus one surprise visitor. And turtles again; everybody seems to love the Painted Turtles on their log. And my first butterfly shot of the season. I do believe Spring is settling in!

One of the Northern Flickers who avoided me yesterday; I only barely got this shot
Spring color is slowly brightening up the woods in the park
One of two Solitary Sandpipers on the banks of the north duck pond. We seem to be a stop on their migratory route to the Arctic tundra, where they breed.
The painted Turtles were sunning on their log again
A Ruby-crowned Kinglet who flitted around without ever stopping. This is the best shot I could get.
A Cabbage White butterfly sipping on Heal All
© 2018 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment