Friday, December 18, 2015

Birds of a Feather

There were lots of birds around on my walk through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park this morning. There were especially a lot of Woodpeckers out and about - a Northern Flicker kept dodging me the whole time I was there, and far back in the woods I saw several Hairy Woodpeckers and a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker far up in the canopy, too far away and too hidden behind branches to get a clear photo. But I did run into these two sharing a bush as I walked around the northern duck pond - a Carolina Wren fussing at a Northern Mockingbird. Once the Wren noticed my presence he started fussing at me as well. Heh, heh! They both sat still long enough for me to get their portraits.

A Carolina Wren fussing at a Mockingbird while perched in the same bush
Northern Mockingbird
Carolina Wren
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment