Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coming and Going

Out walking this morning, I was in Battery Park, which overlooks the upper part of Newport Harbor and the Newport/Pell Bridge, when I noticed that what I had first thought was a mooring buoy was moving. Out came the binoculars, and lo and behold, it was a male Common Goldeneye duck! So out came the telephoto lens, and I got these shots of the duck swimming toward me, posing for a field guide shot, and swimming away. I almost expected him to hand me a bill for his modeling services!




© 2010 by A. Roy Hilbinger

4 comments:

  1. I love Goldeneyes. The last time I saw one was up in Cleveland on Lake Erie. Love his little orange leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen ducks like that - he is a gorgeous fellow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he's beautiful. And that water is so blue!

    ReplyDelete